Tuesday, June 14, 2005

SAS

I like to read ComputerWorld Canada, especially since I get it for free. Every few weeks or so they have an article where they mention SAS. They always seem to have something good to say about them.

Like this recent article about software quality where they use SAS as a positive example of a software company where quality is a priority. Go to ITWorldCanada, enter code 050562 in the quick link, regrettably there's a one-time free registration, then a couple more clicks to the article.

Based on the ComputerWorld Canada articles, it seems like SAS would be a great place to work as a developer: focus on quality led by the CEO, privately held so less of the quarterly shenanigans, hiring during a down period because there was good talent floating around after the dot com bust. They seem to show that you can do software "right" and still be successful.

If I was single and more free to relocate I think I'd want to apply to work there.

No comments: