Sunday, April 09, 2006

New CEO

We've hired a new CEO at work. Since I joined Core Networks in the summer of 2001, this is the fifth CEO I've had. We also preannounced this quarter. This is the third time in the last seven quarters we've preannounced. I don't think many people are expecting the new leader to just maintain the status quo.

In the nine years I've been in software, there's been some interesting times. I've been acquired three times. I've survived eight downsizings. I left a job on my own. I've been fortunate to not yet been downsized. I've also not yet been in an office or company that was shut down. So far so good.

As always I'm grateful to on the inside working in high tech. The pay and benefits are good. The coffee is free. The work can be challenging and interesting at times. The cubicles are comfortable. The office is climate controlled. The PC is fast and the monitor big.

The change is a fact of life in high tech. I sometimes miss the stability and continuity of PRIOR Data Sciences back on Spring Garden Road. It was civilized, things were done a certain way. Spring Garden Road was happening and downtown. Alas, PRIOR is no more.

No comments: